Yorkshire TV & Film Location Quiz
Updated: Dec 17, 2020
Let's see how many you get right! - Scroll down for the answers...
1. Name 2 stately homes in Yorkshire which featured in Downton Abbey the movie?
2. Name 2 waterfalls in Yorkshire which featured in the film Robin Hood Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner?
3. Which Dales location featured in Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows Part 1 and what particular geographical feature did it show?
4. In the 1990’s which TV series was filmed on Lumb Lane in the Manningham area of Bradford?
5. In 2017 East Riddlesden hall and Fountains Abbey featured as locations in a TV drama with Game of Thrones star Kit Harrington, what was it called?
6. What year did Emmerdale Farm start broadcasting ?
7. Which TV series by Kay Mellor was filmed in Headingley and featured James Corden and Ruth Jones?
8. Which North Yorkshire town plays the fictional village of Aidensfield in the popular TV series Heartbeat?
9. Last of the summer wine was the longest running TV sit com- 1973-2010 – but how many series were produced?
10. Name the Sally Wainwright written gritty TV drama set in Calderdale starring Sarah Lancashire?
11. Celia and Alan are re-united after 50 years is the premise of which TV series which also features the complex lives of their daughters?
12. Which Harrogate based hotel did Agatha Christie check into after her staged disappearance now home to a crime writers festival?
13. Which British comedy followed the fortunes of 6 unemployed South Yorkshire residents and what was their new career?
14. 1970 Film set in the Worth Valley starring Bernard Cribbins, Jenny Agutter and Sally Thompson?
15. Which film stars Helen Mirren and Julie Walters as members of Knapley Women’s Institute?
16. Which stately home was the setting for Brideshead Revisited?
17. What is the BBC TV drama about the life of Anne Lister called?
18. Which Ken Loach film set around Hoyland and Barnsley featured a boy called Billy Casper and his pet?
19. TV sit com filmed in Doncaster featuring Arkwrights Corner Shop and who played the two main characters?
20. Film drama set in South Yorkshire starring Pete Posselthwaite, Tara Fitzgerald, Ewan MacGregor and the Grimethorpe Colliery Band?
So how many do you think you got correct?
1. Wentworth Woodhouse and Harewood House
2. Hardraw Force & Aysgarth Falls
3. Malham Cove and Limestone Pavement
4. Band of Gold
7. Fat Friends
10. Happy Valley
11. Last Tango in Halifax
12. The Old Swan Hotel (The Swan Hydro or The Swan Inn get points too as previous names)
13. The Full Monty & Strippers
14. The Railway Children
15. Calendar Girls
16. Castle Howard
17. Gentleman Jack
19. Open All Hours – Ronnie Barker & David Jason
20. Brassed Off